- +◉ NEW: IAR visualSTATE v7.1 boosts capabilities for designing and verifying Embedded Applications
- IAR Systems boosts capabilities for designing and verifying embedded applications based on state machines
Uppsala, Sweden—March 27, 2013—Today, IAR Systems® launches a new version of its state machine tool suite IAR visualSTATE®. The version adds several new features and integrations to simplify development of complex state- or event-driven embedded systems. IAR visualSTATE allows users to build their design from a high level, structure complex applications, step by step add functions in detail, and automatically generate code that is 100 percent consistent with the design. It also provides advanced formal verification, analysis and validation that can be used to make sure the applications behave as intended.
To simplify the design process, Submachine states and Design stereotypes are introduced. Submachine states are reusable state machine fragments, similar to a subroutine or function in a programming language. Common patterns can be created once and reused across a design or between designs, and the events and actions can be remapped to suit the point of use. Design stereotypes are named templates that specify the visual appearance of states. These new features greatly speed up the design of complex systems.
Read the complete Press Release here.
- +◉ HOT: New Edition of IAR Embedded Workbench tailored for ARM Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M0+
- IAR Systems announced the availability of a new edition of the development tool suite IAR Embedded Workbench, tailored for the small ARM Cortex-M0 and ARM Cortex-M0+ cores. The ARM Cortex-M0 edition of IAR Embedded Workbench targets developers working with MCUs based on these very small and energy-efficient cores, and is offered at a considerably reduced price from that of the full version which supports all ARM cores.
Based on the full edition of the recently announced version 6.50 of IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM, support for this special edition is limited to the development of MCUs based on ARM Cortex-M0, Cortex-M0+ and Cortex-M1 cores. During the last year, IAR Systems has added a comprehensive list of new features to its world-leading development tool suite, including a new source browser, an enhanced text editor, and stack usage analysis functionality. In addition, enhancements to the optimization technology in the powerful IAR C/C++ Compiler result in outstanding code execution speed.
The ARM Cortex-M family is optimized for cost and power sensitive applications such as smart metering, human interface devices, automotive and industrial control systems, white goods, consumer products and medical instrumentation. The ARM Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M0+ processor families are developed to be physically small with low power consumption and minimal code size, with the ambition to supply developers with 32-bit performance at an 8-bit price point.
Customers who opt for the ARM Cortex-M0 edition of IAR Embedded Workbench will have an easy migration upgrade path to a full edition with complete support for all ARM Cortex-M/R/A cores.
Request Information and Price about IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM Cortex-M0 and M0+.
- +Latest IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM v6.50 offers new functionality & compiler optimizations
- IAR Systems® today announced a new version of its world-leading development tool suite, IAR Embedded Workbench® for ARM® version 6.50. The new version adds expanded integration and new functionality. In addition, enhancements to the optimization technology in the powerful IAR C/C++ Compiler result in even faster code execution.
To make it easy for developers to use device configuration tools alongside IAR Embedded Workbench, IAR Systems has implemented new functionality for adding project connections. Automated integration with Freescale’s Processor Expert Software, Infineon’s DAVE™ code generator, and other device configuration tools enables developers to import files or file packages generated by the tools. IAR Embedded Workbench automatically detects changes in the generated file set.
Providing fast and compact code, the IAR C/C++ Compiler performs multiple levels of optimizations for code size and execution speed, such as loop unrolling and function inlining. The operations performed are global as well as core- and target-specific. By further advancing its compiler technology, IAR Systems has improved the already outstanding results of industry-standard benchmarks by more than 10 percent.
A new display of source browser call graph enables developers to easily navigate through the function call hierarchy. Developers can choose to display all possible calls to or from a selected function with the calls listed in a dedicated Call Graph window. This added functionality provides a good overview of function calls, making it easier to see the relationships between different parts of the application.
In addition, the latest version includes a new License Management System (LMS) that adds features such as commuter licenses, automatic license activation and support for virtual servers. The new LMS makes it easy for customers to administer and manage licenses.
Read more about IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM v6.50.
Watch the FREE Webinar
- +◉ HOT: SEGGER J-Link: Fastest in Flash Programming - Get impressed: see the competitive Chart
SEGGER J-Link outperforms the Competition
After the recent upgrade to the J-Link hardware and further improvements to the software, the industry leading J-Link has been subjected to a flash programming speed comparison against various debug probes.
The results show, that even the base model of the J-Link outperforms the competition.
All tests have been performed on the same target chip, STM32 with blank flash memory.
Read more about J-Link and how it compares to the competition
- +◉ HOT: NEW Software Enhanced SEGGER J-Link PLUS JTAG Emulator - The Non-Plus-Ultra Debugging Tool
- SEGGER Microcontroller recently introduced a new member to the J-Link family: The fast and feature rich J-Link PLUS.
The J-Link PLUS includes licenses for all J-Link related software enhancements. The developer now receives access to an unlimited number of breakpoints while debugging in flash memory and a production grade flash programming utility (J-Flash). Another benefit is compatibility with all popular tool-chains, including GDB and RDI based tool-chains for ARM and Renesas RX cores.
Featuring the brand new 2013 hardware platform, the J-Link PLUS is boosting download speed performance to 1 MB/sec.
As with all J-Link models, the J-Link PLUS comes with SEGGER's exceptionally fast flash programming algorithms, allowing download into external CFI-compliant flashes as well as the internal flash of all common microcontrollers. Related software and firmware updates are free of charge.
The price for the J-Link PLUS is € 498, providing a great saving compared to the sum of its components.
“Due to the overwhelming success of the J-Link ULTRA+, which is the same as the J-Link ULTRA, plus all software licenses for the unit, we decided to come up with a similar unit for J-Link with all licenses included: The J-Link PLUS”, says Dirk Akemann, marketing manager of SEGGER.
Read more about the brand new J-Link PLUS.
Request a Quotation for J-Link PLUS.
BUY ONLINE in our ONLINE SHOP.
- +SEGGER offers New SQLite Interface Layer for emFile Embedded File System
- SEGGER has added an interface layer for SQLite to its popular emFile file system. This makes the most widely deployed SQL database engine easily available for all users of emFile. SQLite is public domain which means, that if you buy emFile, you have access to a free database.
“We are seeing an increased demand for databases in embedded products. We believe that for a lot of our customers, the combination of emFile and SQLite is perfectly suited for the job”, says Dirk Akemann, Marketing Manager of SEGGER.
More on SQLite is available at: www.sqlite.org
About emFile SEGGER’s emFile is a highly efficient file system optimized for resource usage and performance. Two versions are available, one for FAT-file systems and another for EFS, a proprietary file system which allows the use of long file names without royalties.
emFile’s driver level is fail-safe by design, removing the risk of corrupted data. To add fail-safety to the upper file-system, a highly efficient journaling option is available for both EFS and FAT.
All popular flash media are supported by emFile. Removable media such as SD-Cards, MMC, and CompactFlash are supported, as well as, external flash memories like NOR, NAND, and data flashes. The drivers for the external flash memories include sophisticated wear leveling algorithms. The wear leveling also takes into account that files may be modified at different frequencies.
Full product specifications are available here.
- +New exclusive Alliance in Central & Eastern Europe with ACE THOUGHT TECHNOLOGIES
ACE THOUGHT Technologies and CARNICA TECHNOLOGY:
New exclusive Distribution-Alliance in Central and Eastern Europe
CHANDIGARH, India and HERMAGOR, Austria, September 10, 2012 - CARNICA TECHNOLOGY® (http://www.carnica-technology.com), the Austrian specialist for embedded development solutions today announced the extension of its solutions portfolio through the distribution alliance with the India based company ACE THOUGHT Technologies (http://www.acethought.com), an internationally leading specialist for Video and Audio software codecs for multimedia applications. Carnica Technology offers the products of Ace Thought Technologies exclusively to customers in Central and Eastern Europe.
The range of products from Ace Thought Technologies include multi–threaded, scalable software codecs for multi-core/single-core ARM processors, Cortex-A8, A9 and A15, Texas Instruments and INTEL processors.
ACE THOUGHT offers high-quality and efficient software implementations of Video codecs like H.264, VC-1, H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2 and Audio codecs like HE-AAC, AAC-LC, BSAC and MP3 on mobile OS platforms, Android, Apple iOS and Linux.
Compared to competitive products, the codecs from ACE THOUGHT offer significantly higher speed, smaller memory footprint and lower power consumption. For future multi-media applications Ace Thought codecs are the ideal basis, well suited for mobile phones, video games, portable network devices, portable multimedia player and handheld consumer electronic devices.
Munish Jindal, CEO of Ace Thought Technologies said, “We are delighted to be working with Carnica Technology, specialists in embedded systems and software development in the Central and Eastern European region. With their 30 years experience and specialized knowledge about the embedded software market, we foresee a mutually fruitful relationship.”
Read more about ACE THOUGHT Video and Audio Codecs.
- +Ace Thought Technologies chosen as 2012 Red Herring Asia Top 100 Award Finalist
- Ace Thought Technologies Pvt Ltd announced recently that it has been selected as a Finalist for Red Herring’s Top 100 Asia award, a prestigious list honouring the year’s most innovative and promising companies from a pool of hundreds from across Asia.
The Finalists are evaluated on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, such as financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, IP creation, CAGR, execution of strategy, and disruption in their respective industries. This unique assessment of potential is complemented by a review of the actual track record and standing of a company, which allows Red Herring to see past the ‘buzz’ and make the list an valuable instrument for discovering and advocating the greatest business opportunities in the industry.
In a statement, Alex Vieux, Publisher & CEO, Red Herring said, “This year was very rewarding. The global economic situation has abated and there are many great companies producing really innovative and amazing products. We had a very difficult time narrowing the pool and selecting the finalists. Now we’re faced with the difficult task of selecting the Top 100 winners of Red Herring Asia. We know that the 2012 crop will grow into some amazing companies that are sure to make an impact.”
“It feels great to be recognised for our efforts and strong product portfolio. We are in an exciting growth phase and aspire to be the market leader in Embedded Software & Applications, “said Munish Jindal, CEO of Ace Thought Technologies.
The finalists are invited to present their winning strategies at the Red Herring Asia Forum in Hong Kong, September 10-12, 2012. The Top 100 winners will be announced at a special awards ceremony the evening of September 12 at the event.
Read more about ACE THOUGHT Video and Audio Codecs.
- +AceThought introduces multi-threaded Software Video Decoder for ARM Cortex-A9 & A15 MPCore MCUs
AceThought introduces multi-threaded software video decoder suite for ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ and Cortex™-A15 MPCore™ multi-core processors
Software video decoders empowered by ARM® NEON™ & MPCore™ multi-core processors deliver stunning 1080p HD resolution playback for H.264 High Profile
Ace Thought Technologies, a leading provider of media processing software, recently introduced its multi-threaded software video decoder suite for ARM® Cortex™-A series of application processors. The decoder suite supports video decoding of H.264 (AVC) Baseline, Main & High Profile, VC-1 Simple, Main & Advance Profile, MPEG-4 Simple & Advanced Simple Profile, H.263 and MPEG-2 video compression standards.
Engineered for high-resolution media applications, the developers will now benefit from tuned, optimized and threaded software based video decoding. The video decoder suite provides scalable performance by utilizing ARM® NEON™ and MPCore™ multi-core processor technologies. The video decoder suite enables single, dual or quad core decoding algorithm based upon the number of cores in the application processor. AceThought’s video decoder suite enables up to 30 frames per second (fps) playback of 720p high definition resolution on dual-core and 1080p full high definition resolution on quad-core ARM Cortex™-A series processors.
“The multi-threaded video decoding suite opens up exciting possibilities for our clients. They can offer high quality video solutions with HD resolution on Android™ based smart-phones & tablets and on iPhone & iPad, using AceThought’s video decoder suite” said Munish Jindal, CEO at Ace Thought Technologies. “The scalable design of video decoder allows it to efficiently support single, dual and quad-core application processors in a single library, thereby, enabling high quality performance at low cost.”
Ace Thought Technologies’ introduction of H.264 High Profile video decoding capabilities in the video decoder suite is a technology breakthrough that enables mobile and tablet users with life like, high definition video at much lower bandwidths. It’s high performance and reduced power consumption gives the user an unrivalled, rich multimedia experience.
Read more about ACE THOUGHT Video and Audio Codecs.
- +UNICOI InstaVoIP 516 POE (Power-over-Ethernet) Module creates SIP-compliant VoIP Endpoint
- Unicoi Systems, Inc. (Unicoi), a leading provider of Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions to the embedded device market, announces the arrival of the latest addition to the InstaVoIP™ Module family, the 516-POE. The 516-POE is a VoIP hardware device that includes all of the software necessary to create a SIP-compliant VoIP endpoint.The InstaVoIP 516-POE Module is comprised of an industrial temperature range full-duplex speaker phone board, complete with Power over Ethernet (PoE), a 4-Ohm speaker driver, and an on-board driver for door latches and other devices (supporting up to 12V/24V and 2A or a 5V relay). It has 4 Mbytes of flash and 16 Mbytes of SDRAM, providing plenty of room for application-specific features. Support for 48 KHz capable stereo audio codecs is provided as well. The 516-POE board is designed to fit in a 2-gang wall box or larger enclosure.
Greg Coonley, CEO and founder of Unicoi Systems, said, “We have had very positive pre-launch feedback for the InstaVoIP 516-POE Module. There is a big demand for a customizable off-the-shelf VoIP hardware/software solution, and we are excited to meet that demand with our latest offering.”
The software for the InstaVoIP 516-POE Module is available in two varieties: a combination object code and ANSI C source code release, or a full ANSI C source code release. The InstaVoIP 516-POE Module requires no upfront licensing fee, essentially eliminating the barrier of entry for creating VoIP-enabled products. Sample applications using the InstaVoIP 516-POE Module include IP Speaker Phones, IP Door Entry/Call Boxes, IP Intercom Systems, IP Emergency Phones, IP Speakers, IP Parking Garage Entry, IP Elevator Communications/Music, and more!
Read more about UNICOI InstaVoIP 156 POE Module.
- +UNICOI Systems optimized Voice-over-IP Solution InstaVoIP Mobile NOW available for iOS and Android
- Unicoi Systems, Inc. (Unicoi), a leading provider of Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions to the embedded device market, announces the arrival of InstaVoIP™ Mobile, the latest addition to Unicoi’s InstaVoIP product line. InstaVoIP Mobile is an optimized Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod touch and iPad) and Google Android™, allowing for the rapid integration of voice calling features into new or existing applications without dealing with any porting or audio issues.
In addition to a comprehensive telephony feature set, the InstaVoIP Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK) includes unique functionality to take advantage of the inherent capabilities of both the iOS and Android platforms. A sample SoftPhone application is provided as a demo for those in need of a starting point, or developers can dive into the InstaVoIP Mobile SDK directly and flex the proven Fusion Voice Engine, Call Manager, and Information Subsystem features.
Greg Coonley, CEO and founder of Unicoi Systems, said, “We are very excited about the launch of InstaVoIP Mobile. Anyone interested in adding VoIP functionality to their mobile applications—whether for a simple peer-to-peer VoIP audio chatting application or for an advanced call handling application for an enterprise IP PBX/Cloud-based PBX environment—will be happy to know that InstaVoIP Mobile is the perfect solution.”
Read more about UNICOI InstaVoIP Mobile.
- +UNICOI Systems unveils new InstaVoIP Voice-over-IP (VoIP) Hardware Module for Embedded Products
- Unicoi Systems, Inc. (Unicoi), a leading provider of Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions to the embedded device market, announces the arrival of InstaVoIP™ Module, the latest addition to Unicoi’s InstaVoIP product line. InstaVoIP Module is a standalone hardware module ready to be embedded into an existing hardware platform or used as the foundation of a new product.Based on a powerful Analog Devices’ Blackfin® processor, InstaVoIP Module includes an Ethernet connection, 4 MB of Flash, 16MB of SDRAM, and a 96 KHz capable stereo audio codec.
InstaVoIP Module is based on Unicoi’s industry-leading embedded software including the Fusion RTOS, TCP/IP stack, Voice Engine, SIP stack, and VoIP Call Manager. Out-of-the-box, InstaVoIP Module is immediately capable of creating 5-way conference calls using the G.729 codec and still has enough free processing power to run user applications.
Greg Coonley, CEO and founder of Unicoi Systems, said, “Since InstaVoIP Module requires no upfront licensing fee, Unicoi has virtually eliminated the barrier of entry for creating VoIP-enabled products. Embedded developers can now add cost-effective VoIP functionality to their product offerings without having to become VoIP experts.”
The software for InstaVoIP Module is available in two varieties: a combination object code and ANSI C source code release, or a full ANSI C source code release. Sample applications using InstaVoIP Module include VoIP Phones, PSTN Gateways, Intercom Systems, Paging Devices, Emergency Phones, Radio over IP (RoIP) Gateways, and more.
Watch the VIDEO Tutorial and read more about UNICOI InstaVoIP Module.
- +Software & Documentation Download Center
Software and Documentation Download Center
Download and test software and read the full documentation from IAR Systems and SEGGER products before you decide to buy.
The evaluation editions of IAR Systems and SEGGER software are free of charge. Register with us and get access to the latest software versions.
Download & Test IAR Systems Software:
- IAR Embedded Workbench: 30-day evaluation or Kickstart edition
- IAR visualSTATE
Download & Test SEGGER Software:
- embOS RTOS for all supported MCU architectures
- emWin, emFile, emLoad
- embOS/IP, emUSB Device, emUSB Host
- Software & Documentation for Flasher Production Products
- Software & Documentation for J-Link related Products
- +FREE: Watch the IAR Systems Seminar Series
- IAR Systems presented a series of seminars together with its partners on November 10, 2010 at the ARM Technology Conference 2010, Santa Clara Convention Center.
Take the opportunity to watch these valuable seminar presentations for FREE.
- SEMINAR 2: Taking Trace to the Next Level
- SEMINAR 4: Debugging in the Power Domain
- SEMINAR 5: The Inefficiency of C++, Fact or Fiction?
- +Video Tutorials: IAR Embedded Workbench in Practice
IAR Embedded WorkbenchSee & Learn the new videos, featuring the IAR Embedded Workbench in practice:
- IAR Embedded Workbench Quick IDE
- IAR Systems Advanced Debugging Breakpoints
- IAR Embedded Workbench Optimization Levels
- IAR Embedded Workbench with MISRA C
IAR KickStart Kit Video Tutorials
Power Debugging Video TutorialPower debugging couples power consumption to the application code and can help users extend battery life time in embedded systems. This new dimension of software debugging is innovated by IAR Systems.
- +Training Services from Carnica Technology
- CARNICA TECHNOLOGY now offers new training and support services for our Austrian customers. With a focus on object oriented programming in embedded systems, we offer new training courses:
- Object Oriented Programming Training
- Start-Up Support - for customers new to UML/SysML
- Project Coaching - for quick implementation of new methods
- Webinars and Seminars - scheduled or on-demand: check the respective partner pages on our web site
"Do today already, what others think tomorrow only, steady is only the change."
Heraklit, Greek Philosopher (535 to 475 b.C.)