CPU independent TCP/IP stack
SEGGER embOS/IP is the industry-leading IP stack for embedded systems. The professional IP stack is renowned for a high-performance implementation with a small memory footprint and outstanding documentation as well as multiple optional add-ons.
SEGGER embOS/IP is a high-performance library that has been optimized for speed, versatility and a small memory footprint. It is written in ANSI C and can be used on virtually any CPU.
- ANSI C socket.h-like API for user applications. An application using the standard C socket library can easily be ported to use embOS/IP.
- High performance
- Small footprint
- Runs "out-of-the-box"
- No configuration required
- Works with any RTOS in a multitasking environment (embOS recommended)
- Zero data copy for ultra fast performance
- Standard sockets interface
- Raw socket support
- Non-blocking versions of all functions
- Connections limited only by memory availability
- Re-assembly of fragmented packets
- Optional drivers for the most common devices are available
- Fully runtime configurable
- Developed from ground up for embedded systems
- PPP/PPPOE available
- Various upper layer protocols available
- Drivers for most popular microcontrollers and external MACs available
- Easy to use!
embOS/IP Software Products
embOS/IP is offered in a base package which includes the most important protocols related to Ethernet communication and the stack itself. Depending on the engineer's needs there are several protocols available as an add-on as well as the embOS/IP PRO software which adds a device driver, web server functionality and email client for extended communication via Internet.
For more technial details, available drivers, check the product page from SEGGER