J-Link PLUS and J-Link PLUS Compact
JTAG/SWD debug probe with USB interface and a Bundle of Software
J-Link PLUS is a USB powered JTAG debug probe supporting a large number of CPU cores.
Based on a 32-bit RISC CPU, it can communicate at high speed with the supported target CPUs. J-Link is used around the world in tens of thousand places for development and production (flash programming) purposes.
J-Link is supported by all major IDEs such as IAR EWARM, Keil MDK, Rowley CrossWorks, Atollic TrueSTUDIO, IAR EWRX, Renesas HEW, Renesas e2studio, and many others.
Including all models, more than 100,000 J-Links have been sold so far, making J-Link probably the most popular debug probe for ARM cores and the de-facto standard.
- Comes with integrated licenses for: Unlimited breakpoints in flash memory (Unlimited Flash Breakpoints), RDI / RDDI and J-Flash
- Fully compatible to the standard J-Link
- Direct download into flash memory of most popular microcontrollers supported
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4/M7, Cortex-R4, Microchip PIC32 and Renesas RX100/RX200/RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Download speed up to 1 MByte/second
- Maximum Target Interface Speed 15 MHz
- Supports unlimited breakpoints in flash memory! More info
- Setting breakpoints in external flash memory of Cortex-M systems is possible with
J-Link's Unlimited Flash Breakpoints technology only!
- Supported by all major IDEs More info
- Free software updates2, 1 year of support
- Supports concurrent access to CPU by multiple applications3
- Crossplatform support (runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)4
- Intelligence in the debug probe firmware More info
- Remote Server included. Allows using J-Link remotely via TCP/IP More info
- GDBServer included More info
- Production flash programming software (J-Flash) available More info
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available More info
- Supports multiple target interfaces: JTAG, SWD
- Supports SWV/SWO (Serial Wire Viewer / Serial wire output)
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, 5V tolerant
- Supports JTAG chains with multiple devices
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- Various target adapters and optical isolation adapters available.
- RDI / RDDI interface DLL available. More info
- Fully plug and play compatible
- No power supply required, powered through USB
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All JTAG signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection
1As a legitimate owner of a SEGGER J-Link, you can always download the latest software free of charge. Though not planned and not likely, we reserve the right to change this policy. Note that older models may not be supported by newer versions of the software. Typically, we support older models with new software at least 3 years after end of life.
2J-Link allows multiple applications to access a CPU at the same time. This has numerous applications. J-Link commander can be used in parallel to a debugger, a tool to communicate via DCC can be used in parallel to a debugger or a visualization tool such as Micrium's u/C-Probe or SEGGER's kernel viewer embOSView. This feature is currently not available for Cortex A and R cores.
3The MAC and Linux versions are fully usable, but limited to the following components:
J-Link Commander, command line GDBServer, shared library (DLL-equivalent).