J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M
J-Trace PRO for Cortex-M is setting a new standard for trace probes. It enables continuous streaming trace via its Gigabit Ethernet interface, lifting the limitations by internal buffers and slow data transmission.
J-Trace PRO can capture complete traces over long periods - thereby enabling the recording of infrequent, hard-to-reproduce bugs. This is particularly helpful when the program flow ‘runs off the rails’ and stops in a fault state.
It also supports extended trace features, such as code coverage (so engineers have visibility of which parts of the application code have been executed) and execution profiling (providing visibility as to which instructions have been executed and how often - so hotspots can be addressed and optimization opportunities identified).
- Supports Streaming Trace (trace data is streamed to PC/debugger in real time, unlimited trace buffer)
- Has all the J-Link functionality
- Gigabit Ethernet interface
- Hi-Speed-USB 2.0 interface (480 MBit/s)
- JTAG speed: 50 MHz
- Works with all currently available Cortex-M devices up to 300 MHz trace clock
- Supports tracing on Cortex-M0/M0+/M1/M3/M4/M7 targets
- Free software updates 1, two years of support
- 64 MB on-board trace buffer for legacy one-shot tracing mode
J-Trace PRO is a JTAG debug probe designed for Cortex-M cores which includes trace (ETM) support. It can also be used as a J-Link. When used as J-Link, ARM7/9 cores can also be debugged but tracing on them is not supported.
As a legitimate owner of a SEGGER J-Trace PRO, you can always download the latest software free of charge. Though not planned and not likely, we reserve the right to change this policy. Note that older models may not be supported by newer versions of the software. Typically, we support older models with new software at least 3 years after end of life.
J-Trace PRO Cortex-M is delivered with the following components:
- J-Trace PRO Cortex-M
- Ethernet cable
- 19-pin, 0.05" target trace cable
- 20-pin, 0.1" target ribbon cable
- USB cable
- USB Power Supply
Detailed specifications of J-Trace PRO Cortex-M can be found here.