High Performance Debug probe for ARM7/9, Cortex and Renesas RX cores
J-Link ULTRA+ is a JTAG/SWD debug probe designed for ARM/Cortex and other supported CPUs. It is fully compatible to the standard J-Link and works with the same PC software.
Based on the highly optimized and proven J-Link, it offers even higher speed as well as target power measurement capabilities due to the faster CPU, built-in FPGA and High speed USB interface.
It connects via USB to a PC running Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista or Windows 7. J-Link ULTRA+ has a built-in 20-pin JTAG/SWD connector and comes with licenses for Unlimited Flash Breakpoints, RDI / RDDI and J-Flash.
- Comes with integrated licenses for: Unlimited breakpoints in flash memory (Unlimited Flash Breakpoints), RDI / RDDI and J-Flash
- Fully compatible to the standard J-Link
- Very high performance for all supported CPU cores
- Download speed up to 3 MByte/second
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD) supported
- Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) supported
- Maximum target interface speed 50 MHz
- Maximum SWO sampling speed 100 MHz
- Target power can be supplied
- Target power consumption can be measured with high accuracy.
- Direct download into flash memory of most popular microcontrollers supported
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4/M7, Cortex-R4, Microchip PIC32 and Renesas RX100/RX200/RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Free software updates 1, 2 years of support
- Automatic core recognition
- Seamless integration into the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE
- No power supply required, powered through USB
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All JTAG signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Support for multiple devices
- Fully plug and play compatible
- Standard 20-pin JTAG connector
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, 5V tolerant
- USB and 20-pin ribbon cable included
- Memory viewer (J-Mem) included
- Remote Server included, which allows using J-Link via TCP/IP networks
- RDI / RDDI interface available, which allows using J-Link with RDI / RDDI compliant software
- Flash programming software (J-Flash) available
- Flash DLL available, which allows using flash functionality in custom applications
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- Optical isolation adapter available
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection
By adding licenses for all J-Link related software packages to J-Link ULTRA+, the developer receives access to an unlimited number of breakpoints in flash memory, production grade flash programming and compatibility with all popular tool-chains (click here for a list of all toolchains which come with native J-Link Support), GDB and RDI / RDDI based tool-chains for ARM and Renesas RX cores.
As with all J-Link models, the J-Link ULTRA+ comes with SEGGER’s ultra fast flash programming algorithms, allowing download into external CFI-compliant flashes as well as the internal flash of all common microcontrollers. Related software and firmware updates are free of charge.
With download speeds of up to 1.5 MByte/sec, the J-Link ULTRA+ is second to none. The already fast algorithms for flash programming from SEGGER benefit significantly from the improved speed.
1As a legitimate owner of a SEGGER J-Link, you can always download the latest software free of charge. Though not planned and not likely, we reserve the right to change this policy. Note that older models may not be supported by newer versions of the software. Typically, we support older models with new software at least 3 years after end of life.