JTAG/SWD Debug Probe with Ethernet & USB interface
& Software Bundle
J-Link PRO is a refined version of the regular J-Link. It has an Ethernet interface in addition to the USB interface, as well as two additional LEDs which are used as hardware status indicators.
It connects via Ethernet or USB to the host, running Windows, Linux or Mac OS X.
J-Link PRO is fully compatible with J-Link and can be used "out-of-the-box". J-Link PRO uses DHCP per default. The built-in webserver makes manual configuration easy and convenient. Ethernet allows using the debug probe far away from the PC, over a hardwired or wireless network, in a development or production environment; download and debugging speed is higher and Ethernet provides electrical isolation from the PC. All features of the regular J-Link also apply to this product. [Read more]
- Fully compatible to J-Link
- Ethernet interface
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4/M7, Cortex-R4/R5, Microchip PIC32 and Renesas RX100/RX200/RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Free software updates1, 2 years of support
- Additional LEDs for power and RESET indication
- Comes with web interface for easy TCP/IP configuration (built-in webserver)
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD) supported
- Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) supported
- Automatic core recognition
- Maximum target interface speed 50 MHz
- Maximum SWO sampling speed 100 MHz
- Download speed up to 3 MByte/second
- Powered through USB or power supply (comes with J-Link PRO)
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All target interface signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Support for multiple devices
- Fully plug and play compatible
- Standard J-Link 20-pin target connector
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 5V
- USB and 20-pin ribbon cable included
- Memory viewer (J-Mem) included
- Comes with licenses for: J-Link RDI / RDDI, J-Link Unlimited Flash Breakpoints, J-Link GDB Server, J-Flash
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- 14-pin JTAG adapter available
- Galvanic isolation from host system via Ethernet
- Optical isolation adapter available
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection.
1As a legitimate owner of a SEGGER J-Link, you can always download the latest software free of charge. Though not planned and not likely, we reserve the right to change this policy. Note that older models may not be supported by newer versions of the software. Typically, we support older models with new software at least 3 years after end of life.
There are many aspects which make the J-Link PRO very attractive to use:
Up to 3 MByte/second download speed make J-Link PRO the fastest debug probe on the market. Using TCP/IP instead of USB eliminates latencies from USB usage, resulting in higher debugging speed.
Due to the Ethernet interface, long distances between the development PC and the target system are possible. You can set a default gateway for J-Link PRO, so it is also possible to use it in large intranets.
- Security (Galvanic isolation)
Ethernet signal lines provide galvanic isolation of J-Link PRO (and so the target system) from network and development PC. For a complete isolation, shield of Ethernet cable should not be connected to RJ45 connector of J-Link PRO.
Buying a J-Link PRO, which comes with licenses for all J-Link-related SEGGER software, will save you a lot of money because buying a J-Link and all licenses separate is more expensive.
J-Link PRO comes with licenses for all J-Link related SEGGER software products:
J-Link Unlimited Flash Breakpoints,
J-Link RDI / RDDI,
J-Link GDB Server,
providing the optimum debugging solution for professional developers. J-Link PRO can be used with almost all ARM debuggers, enabling download to flash memory with an unlimited number of breakpoints when debugging programs located in flash memory of most popular ARM microcontrollers. It also comes with the license to use J-Flash, SEGGER´s popular flash programming software.