IAR Embedded Workbench for 8051 -- New Release v8.30
Integrated development environment and optimizing C/C++ compiler for 8051IAR Embedded Workbench with its optimizing C/C++ compiler provides extensive support for a wide range of 8051 devices. The optimizing compilers generate very compact and efficient code. Ready-made examples and code templates for your embedded project are included with the product. The standard edition of IAR Embedded Workbench also includes built-in plugins to different hardware debug systems.
Highlights in version 8.30
- Generalized Extended Stack Support
It is now possible to use any 9- to 16-bit extension of the stack pointer by having a bit mask that is applied to the SFR that handles the extra bits in the combined extended SP. A limitation that assumed a 10-bit extended SP (such as for DS80C390 devices and similar) is removed.
- Library Build Factory Template Projects
Template projects to reproduce the runtime libraries are now available from the Create New Project menu option.
- Simplified Option Handling
The design of the General Options pages is improved. The often used Stack/Heap page has been moved to be more easy to access, now found as second tab in line.
- Project Connection
Files or file packages generated by external code generation tools can be imported and the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE will automatically detect changes in the generated file set. This enables automated integration with a number of device configuration tools, including Infineon's tool DAVE.
- New and Updated Device Support
This includes support for new devices:
- Silicon Labs - C8051F85x/86x
- AXSEM - AX8052F100/131/143/151
- Evatronix - R8051
- Prolific - PL8331
- Fairchild - FCM8531
- Updated User Guide
The IAR C/C++ Compiler User Guide has been updated.
Highlights in version 8.20
- New text editor and source browser
A new text editor and source browser are introduced in this version. The new features include auto completion, parameter hint, code folding, block select, block indent, bracket matching, zoom and word/paragraph navigation. The new source browser adds features like Go to Declaration and Find All References to symbols.
The version control integration has been extended with support for Subversion (SVN).
- C-SPY Silabs driver update
The C-SPY Silabs driver now includes support for SFR paging and banked xdata.
- C-SPY Infineon DAS driver update
The C-SPY Infineon DAS driver now supports setting software breakpoints in the program memory XRAM area.
- New and updated device support files
For a complete list of supported devices, refer to the IAR Systems web page.
- Updated user guides
The IDE Project Management and Building Guide and the C-SPY Debugging Guide have been updated.
Highlights in version 8.11
- New licensing management system (LMS) introduced
- The new LMS used with this release introduces new features like commuter licenses, automatic license activation and support for virtual servers. It is easier to administrate and a new single CD concept enables all variants of IAR Embedded Workbench for a certain product to be included in one and the same installer.
- C99 compliance
- Updated runtime libraries
- More available hardware breakpoints
- Start debugger without download
- Timeline window in simulator
- Support for new devices
- Integrated development environment with project management tools and editor
- Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler for 8051
- Configuration files for 8051 devices from different manufacturers
- Run-time libraries with complete source code
- Relocating 8051 assembler
- Linker and librarian tools
- C-SPY debugger with 8051 simulator and support for RTOS-aware debugging on hardware
- ROM-monitor and JTAG drivers as well as source code and project for creating your own ROM-monitor driver
- Example projects for 8051 and code templates
- User and reference guides in PDF format
- Context-sensitive online help
- Support for DATA, IDATA, XDATA, PDATA and BDATA
- Support for multiple DPTR in compiler and libraries
- Bitwise addressing for SFRs
- Possibility to use up to 32 virtual registers
Hardware debugging supportIAR C-SPY Debugger supports the following hardware target systems with built-in plug-ins:
- Configurable IAR ROM-monitor for the NXP LPC935/LPC93xx and TI MSC1211devices
- Analog Devices ROM-monitor for ADu83x/ADu84x, ADE51xx/ADE55xx and ADE71xx/ADE75xx devices
- Analog Devices USB EA-Emulator
- Texas Instruments USB/JTAG interface for 8051 based CC11xx, CC24xx and CC25xx SoC:s
- Texas Instruments 8051 based Sensium devices
- Infineon Debug Access Server (DAS) for the Infineon XC8xx device family
- Silicon Laboratories USB and serial (EC2) JTAG adapters supporting all C8051Fxxx devices
- MIPS System Navigator Probe for 8051 Microcontroller Cores
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF GO development platform (nRFProbe)
- DoCD HAD Probe - supports devices based on the DX8051/DX80390 IP Core from Digital Core Designs
- Phyton JEM52 - supports debugging and programming for a variety of 8051 microcontrollers with on-chip debug interfaces.
- Phyton PICE52 - real-time non-intrusive emulation of virtually all 8051 microcontrollers
- Manley Electronics ME52HU and N-Link emulators
- The FlashPro-CC and GangPro-CC USB flash programming adapters for CCxxxx series Chipcon products from Texas Instruments by Elprotronic Inc.
NOTE: We continuously add hardware debugging support for new devices; please contact IAR Systems to find out whether your new device is already supported or when it will become available.